About Me

My photo
I'm a bad-ass, hard working single mom! I'm also tired, overwhelmed, frustrated and looking for chocolate...all in the same day!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"What's Love Anyway?"

1. "Love Makes The World Go Round"..or is that money??
2. "There's A Thin Line Between Love and Hate"...boy do I know that one!
3. "I love you"..okay I'm suppose say I love you too?!?!
4. "What's Love Got To Do With It?....ummmm not a damn thing Tina!
5. "God Loves You"...and you and you and you....yay :)
6. "A Child's Love Is Like No Other"....aint that the truth!
7. "I Will Always Love You"....sing it Whitney (RIP) and ummmm are you sure about that???
8. "Love At First Site"...or was what that first (ok 6th) drink??? :)
9. "True Love"....so what is the rest???...pretend to be somebody your not love??? 
10. "Love Conquers All"...are fuckin kidding me! lol


1 Corinthians 13:4-7 
"Love is patient, love is kind
It does not envy. 
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
It keeps no record of wrongdoing. 
It does not delight in evil, 
But rejoices in the truth. 
It always protects, trusts, hopes and preserves.
There is nothing love cannot face;
There is no limit to its faith, hope and endurance. 
In a word, there are three things that last forever: 
Faith, hope, and love;
But the greatest of them is love"


What's Love anyway????
When I got married I had my mother-in-law read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 during the ceremony (in English and in Spanish...see how nice I am! Hola!). To be honest, I really didn't think too much about the message.  I just thought it was a nice little touch to my dream wedding, while I was standing in my pretty white dress at the altar with my fresh manicure and curled hair.  I wanted the dream!! The fantasy. I wanted what I had wanted since I was 2 years old. Mommy and daddy, with the yellow house, and the white picket fence, 2.2 kids and the cute rescue dog from the pound. I would learn to cook and make a mean martini and we would all live happily ever after mother fuckers! :)

I really didn't know what love was when I got married. I was with the same man since I was 23! I barely knew how to pay my electric bill! I don't think it was until I gave birth to my daughter that I really started to understand what LOVE truly is. For me, its accepting someone for ALL that they are...unconditional. Knowing who they are and still deciding to stand by their side. To be gentle and kind not only in my words but my actions. To continually think before I speak (tough one for me :), to try to put myself in their shoes and see it from their perspective. That I want to be happy not right. I'm working on it....add it to my list!
However, I do believe we should all start by loving ourselves FIRST!!! I think that the most important relationship you will ever have in your life is with YOU! 

I found this quote online and really enjoyed it...I think you will too...
"Find a guy who call you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep...wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have you....The one who turns to his friends and say, "that's her"....Anonymous. 

Check!. Check! Check! Boy am I a lucky girl  :0)

What does love meant to YOU?????  Happy belated Vday! :) Peace

No comments: