About Me

My photo
I'm a bad-ass, hard working single mom! I'm also tired, overwhelmed, frustrated and looking for chocolate...all in the same day!

Friday, January 6, 2012

"The Clothes of Course!"

For those of you who know my daughter, you know she is quite the character! She has a love of drama and the arts. Never a dull moment I tell ya! Like most little girls she loves princesses and castles and the Prince and and all that happily-ever-after bullshit! Yes, we are sold that fantasy at a very young age, it's part of the problem bitches!
One day I come downstairs and she watching some reality show on WEDDING dresses! I instantly panicked! There is some gorgeous Southern Bell, with her annoying mother, trying on even more gorgeous wedding dresses...I had all these thoughts in my head..."my poor baby is already fucked up!" "statistically "they" say shes doomed to be married and divorced atleast 3 times because shes from a divorced home" "good thing I have great health insurance she's gonna need atleast 5 years of therapy" "will she be GAY? I'll love her anyway...she can always adopt" "look what Ive done to my baby!" "I hate him" "did I make the right decision?" "does this EVER get easier?" "and wheres my fucking beer? :)"
So, I walk over to my darling daughter and smile...she smiles back...I say "whatcha doin?" shes says annoyed "watching TV" I say "on what?" she says annoyed "on wedding dresses" I say ohhhh....silence...mommy guilt mommy guilt mommy guilt..."what do you like about weddings Sydney?" she says annoyed..."THE CLOTHES OF COURSE!!!" She then turns back around takes a sip of her juice and continues to watch TV.
I then realized maybe she will be okay after all...that I need to chill out and let her be sometimes...that maybe the fact that shes loved by so many will in some way soften the blow of "Divorce Dysfunction"...and if shes not okay I hope I still have good health insurance for that shrink when shes a teenager! :) Peace.

No comments: